Delivery Fee Worksheet For All Ya'all

Business By Doug Updated 2 Jun 2008 , 2:08am by BellaBabyCakes

Doug Posted 31 May 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 6

Here's an Excel worksheet to help you calculate delivery charges.

NOTE: only areas w/ pale yellow background can be edited (the sheet is password protected!!)

In column A (far left) are the GIVENS:

what your delivery vehicle's OVERALL AVERAGE MPG is -- example: my little PT Cruiser gets about 18 in the city and 24 or so on the highway. Therefore with the mix of driving I do (city vs. hwy) I get an overall average of 20 -- which is what is entered currently. Change this to your figure.

then the cost of gas per gallon. I used $4.00 as it's a nice round number and most of the stations in my area are flirtin' with it. Use the actual amount you're paying. Tho' I would round up some (ok, a fair bit)

it then calculates the cost per mile and uses it to recalculate the sheet.

ALSO -- the current IRS rate is 50.5 cents/mile which is entered. This changes annually -- just check their website for the latest figure.

VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER -- the IRS and YOU SHOULD TOO! set the rate to include not just the cost of gas but also maintenance, insurance, and depreciation on the vehicle.

(I thought it interesting that the current IRS rate matches fairly closely the 2.5x the cost of gas at $4/gallon.)

Note how at the top of the middle four columns you can set a flat fee for the first 15 or 25 miles and then an additional fee for each 5 or 10 miles beyond the first amount.

5 replies
ElectricCook Posted 31 May 2008 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 6

Pssssssst!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Let me tell you a secret!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Come closer!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Closer!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Closer!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

ROCK!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifbirthday.gif

As always I AM IN AWE Of YOU

ps3884 Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 6

Doug Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 6

made a few revisions to fix the usual bad typing / spelling / etc. I am prey to.

sari66 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 6

Wow thanks Doug thumbs_up.gif

BellaBabyCakes Posted 2 Jun 2008 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

I think it varies by state as to whether the IRS will let you deduct both mileage AND depreciation etc. In WI, you have to choose one or the other but it's a good lesson in choosing which one is better for you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%