What Could I Say?

Decorating By bethola Updated 31 May 2008 , 8:09pm by chutzpah

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 6

I just returned from a Baby Shower for a 2nd cousin and this was just too funny not to share.

I did the cake (for FREE, naturally); nothing special; two tiered with a pink bow, embossed with pacifiers and baby bottles (requested by the mother). Anyway, my cousin asked me to bring my cake pictures because she hadn't seen any of them. So, I did.

After the shower, the paternal grandmother said "So, can we call YOU when we want a cake?" Apparently she is a BIG John Deere fan and saw my John Deere Cake. THIS is what made me laugh. She was complimenting the cake and how the colors were so authentic, etc. and said, and I quote:

" I work for WalMart and we have nice cakes, but, NOTHING as nice as this!"

I just looked at her with my BEST wide eyed surprised expression and said "Really?" LOL Made my day!

UMMMM, I wonder if SHE'S going to get one of my John Deere Cakes?

Enjoy your weekend!

Beth

5 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 6

I think your reply was right on! thumbs_up.gif I'll bet she asks you to make her a cake for her next event! icon_lol.gif

I like your chocolate transfers. How in the world do you get your chocolate the right color? I'll bet you are asked this all the time!

patrincia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrincia Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 6

The cakes at my WM are an absolute joke - my kids could decorate them better!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 6

patrincia - I checked your photos. Wow! You do fantastic work and the cake flavors sound really, really good!

(I personally can't stand Wal-Mart cake. It feels like a mouthful of tasteless grease and I just refuse to eat something that is that nasty and going to make me fat! That's a double-negative in my book!! icon_lol.gif )

patrincia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrincia Posted 31 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your kind words GI - you are very kind! I really enjoy the creative process. It can be very time consuming since I make everything from scratch (cakes, cooked meringue buttercreams, fruit purees, ganaches, etc), but I think the flavor is worth the time investment.
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 31 May 2008 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 6

And there you have it, folks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%