Cake And Frosting Flavors That Go Well With Mm Fondant

Decorating By ThreePrinces Updated 31 May 2008 , 5:23pm by Zahrah

ThreePrinces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreePrinces Posted 31 May 2008 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 4

So I'm making a cake for a church function in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to practice this weekend.

I don't want to make a cake from scratch. I am going to have limited time to make this cake both my practice and the one for the church function. Frankly, I like cake mix cakes better even though I have a good time making cakes from scratch.

I got that book "The Cake Doctor" from the library and am thumbing through the recipes, but the issue is this: The design I have in mind requires marshmallow fondant.

Do you think a yogurt white cake with vanilla and maybe a white chocolate icing would be too sweet with marshmallow fondant?

Does anyone have any cake/frosting flavor ideas that would go well with the MM fondant?

3 replies
Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 31 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 4

Is your dillema finding a cake an filling flavor that isn't too sweet? I find that fruit fillings work when I'm looking for a less sweet over all desert, that way the only bc on the cake is a thin layer under the fondant.

ThreePrinces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreePrinces Posted 31 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 4

You got it, that's my dilemma!

I was thinking of a yogurt white cake (that also has vanilla instant pudding added) with a frosting, I'm rethinking the white chocolate icing and considering maybe a buttercream with some added lemon zest?

How do you think a lemon filling would be?

I want something summery.

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 4

Lemon or lime would be very refreshing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%