Cried A Lot Today.. Kids Are Home And I Need To Vent...

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 2:34pm by travelingcakeplate

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:20pm
post #61 of 62

Oh Christi-- I just found this thread and my heart is breaking for you, me and any other person who has been put down for not meeting somebody else's standard of beauty.
(I'm having bad PMS and I just wanna cry for you...)
But remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, God knew you as you were being formed; He blessed you with many attributes, a loving husband & family!
There will always be sad, bitter people in the world who only feel better when making others feel bad. We cant change them but we can change HOW WE REACT TO THEM! Practice the art of ignoring ignorant people--a stern look and a good snappy comeback has worked for me many times!
Stand proud and be Christi Beautiful !!
{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}
Anita

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 2:34pm
post #62 of 62

Christi--

Insecurity is something we all deal with at some point in our lives.

Yes words hurt and can have lingering effects for years, but you can overcome those things. There is a gospel song that I love called "Encourage Yourself". And when I feel like everything and everyone is against me, I do just that.

I pat my own self on the back and tell me that I am greater than any drama-filled disaster that is happening in my life at the time.

I remind myself that I am winner. And before you know it, I start to believe it. My attitude changes, I get a new spring in my step and the snap back in my neck! (HELLO!)

I believe it can work for you too. When you start to love yourself, you will begin to sense the love others have around you.

And before you ask, YES, I have been called fat and YES I have called ugly. (Even from the people I love.) Clearly those loosers are BLIND! icon_smile.gif

TCP

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%