My Cake Is A' Leanin' And I'm Gonna Start A' Screamin'!

Decorating By JensAddiction Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 11:58pm by superstar

JensAddiction Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 8

I made a little cake in the shape of a chair that's going to be somewhat of a "topper" for the big layers....anyway, I finished fondant-ing the chair and everything, and now it looks to me like the back of it is starting to lean. I don't know...maybe it's my imagination. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is anything at all that can be done about it if it is indeed tipping back. I put a wooden dowel in it when I first put it together, so I'm hoping that will hold it. Here's a link to a picture of it (hope this works)so you can kind of see what I'm talking about:

http://picasaweb.google.com/anderson.ajg/ChairCake

Thanks for any feedback!!

7 replies
littlecake Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:45am
post #2 of 8

looks good to me!

WOW THAT IS ONE CUTE CHAIR!...GOOD JOB!

no need for screamin!

ladyellam Posted 31 May 2008 , 1:25am
post #3 of 8

Really cute chair.

I don't see any problems.

cdavis Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 8

Very nice. I don't think you have a problem. If you're like me, the longer you look at it, the more you question it.

cakedout Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 8

VERY CUTE!!

How many dowels did you put into the back for support? Was the chair back completely straight when you put it together?

Looks good in the picture....I would hope that once the fondant dries it will hold the back firmly in place.

superstar Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:40am
post #6 of 8

It is leaning back, but was it absolutely straight when you first did it? If it stays just like it is now it looks lovely, but I would hate to see it topple over.

JensAddiction Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 8

Actually, it wasn't completely straight when I first put it together. I only used one dowel, cause it's a pretty tiny cake and I was afraid more than one would make it fall apart. I think it's going to be okay - it's been stable now for the past several days and I finished the decorating on it; the fondant's good and dry, so I think I'm in the clear! As long as it makes the long drive to where it's going, all will be well.

Thanks for all the kind feedback, everyone!

superstar Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 8

It will be just fine & I am looking forward to seeing the completed cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%