Fresh Strawberries For Filling?

Decorating By mamaof3 Updated 31 May 2008 , 4:51am by Franluvsfrosting

mamaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3 Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 6

My cousin wants fresh strawberries for a filling on his grooms cake that I'm making. I've never done fresh fruit... I've always used the jelly sleeves. I just want to be sure to do right. Should I just slice the strawberries & layer them on top of a thin layer of BC? Do I need to have a bit of BC on the top layer of cake so that there is BC surrounding the strawberry slices? Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated!!

5 replies
ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 6

I usually slice them and put them in whipped cream!

natalka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natalka Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 6

I always use fresh strawberries with my cream cheese filling. I slice them and layer them out on my cream cheese frosting and cover it with another layer of cake. You can use any filling or icing you wish. They never go bad,they stay fresh for two days. I already tested. They also never leak juice out from the cake. Try it, it should be awesome taste with fresh strawberries. Good luck!!! thumbs_up.gif

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 6

I have sliced them and added them to cream cheese frosting for a filling. I created a dam with my buttercream first so that it wouldn't ooze out. Since it was fresh fruit, i did this the night before.

I have also done fresh sliced strawberries mixed with marshmallow creme and some of my buttercream frosting, mixed to together with my KA. Then there were bits of strawberries inthe filling.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 31 May 2008 , 1:40am
post #5 of 6

I've done fresh strawberries and/or fresh banana mixed with vanilla pudding as a filling and i comes out great.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 31 May 2008 , 4:51am
post #6 of 6

I usually just spread a thin layer of butterscream then put the sliced strawberries on top of it. I do make sure I slice the strawberries as evenly as possible so my cake is level. icon_smile.gif I don't put a layer of buttercream over the top, just cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%