My Cc Friends...need Help...

Decorating By diane Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 9:46pm by gottabakenow

diane Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 9

my oldest child is graduating from high school and i want to make his cake extra special! icon_lol.gif i am going to make a 4 tier, stacked cake. a 12",10",8", and 6" with 4 different flavors...chocolate fudge cake w/ chocolate bc, lemon w/ lemon filling, strawberry w/ strawberry filling, and vanilla w/ i don't know. icon_confused.gif i'm kinda stumped there. any ideas?? icon_rolleyes.gif i also don't know how i want to decorate it. i want it to look elegant, but boyish...maybe with roman columns on the bottom...but i don't know what else to do with the rest of the tiers. oh...they'll be a grad cap w/tassel on top. anyone have any ideas??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
should i mix and match the flavors? icon_confused.gif

i am sooooo excited!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
can you tell? icon_rolleyes.gif
thanks to all of you. thumbs_up.gif

-diane

8 replies
levinea Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 9

Vanilla cake with raspberry filling is always one of my favorites, vanilla with coconut is good too.

For the decoration, what about a plaid or checkerboard/diamond pattern done in school colors?

diane Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 9

ooh...sounds yummy! icon_eek.gif

mindywith3boys Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 9

I would do the raspberry with the lemon and put the strawberry with the vanilla! Love those two combos!

diane Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 9

rasberry and lemon icon_confused.gif i've never heard of putting those two combos together. icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

leily Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:52am
post #6 of 9

For decorations what about alternating the tiers with Diamons and Strips? Elegant , but you can do it in either school colors or his favorite colors.

dragonflydreams Posted 31 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #7 of 9

. . . lemon raspberry is fabulous . . . . mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm . . . . thumbs_up.gif (don't know if Sbux in the US has the lemon raspberry loaf that we have up here in Canada . . . try it . . . you'll love it) icon_biggrin.gif

diane Posted 31 May 2008 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 9

great ideas. icon_lol.gif
has anyone seen a cake with roman columns?? icon_confused.gif

gottabakenow Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

rasberry and lemon icon_confused.gif i've never heard of putting those two combos together. icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

yum yum yum! *licking lips* icon_razz.gif [/center]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%