Multiple Sports For 10 Tyr. Old Boy

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 31 May 2008 , 10:39am by Kahuna

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 30 May 2008 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 3

Just had someone call me about a sports cake for 10 yr. old boy birthday. She has a wilton jersey pan and was thinking about a jersey with the number 10, but then saw some of my stuff and wants something with more to it. the kid plays soccer, baseball and football. She was kind of hard to read, but I think she wants to use her jersey idea and jazz it up. All I can think of is to put the jersey on a sheet cake and have the different sports balls around the side, maybe cover the top with grass and put the jersey pan cake on top. Can anyone help me with this as a way to spruce it up a bit. I'm not commited to this idea, so looking for help with inspiration!! Thanks.

Sue

2 replies
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:20am
post #2 of 3

I like your idea, it all depends on how much cake they want. Do they want a 1/2 or 1/4 sheet and then the jersey on top?

you could easily use a "cupcake size" small ball for the ssoccer and baseball and a small egg size shape for the football an have them on the side or on top of the jersey.

Also you could use Chocolate for the sports balls and or cookies that come out or as party favors.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 31 May 2008 , 10:39am
post #3 of 3

thanks, soccer balls are so hard to do, I'll see what she thinks, she said she alway like to have leftover cake (I like the way she thinks!!)

Sue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%