A Weekend Without Kids

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 2:31am by tchrmom

mbelgard Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 7

I'm excited so I have to share. My children are getting dropped off tommorow morning before 8:30am and I won't see them until Sunday night. party.gif I haven't gotten away for a night without them in forever so this is special.

The reason for the weekend is exciting too. My brother does sound for a regional band and they're retiring after this weekend, I've never gotten to go see them and now I get to.

My oldest is mad because I'm not taking him, he's 9 so there isn't any way I could sneak him into the bar they're playing at even if I wanted to. I told him I wouldn't let him go see them even if it wasn't at a bar, they're more than a little risque.

6 replies
KHalstead Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 7

how exciting.........I'm in the same boat as you , I have my 9 yr. old son away with grandparents (supposed to be for the whole summer, but we'll see how long he lasts) and my 6 yr. old son and 4 yr. old daughter are going away next weekend to NJ with my in-laws for a week or TWO!! Yikes........I'm not gonna know what to do......I work at my kids' school so it being summer, I don't have to work or have kids.......I'm gonna lay a new floor in my kitchen and dining room and of course probably make a million cakes!! Seems terrible to be so excited about getting away from my kids.....but we don't even have a babysitter they're ALWAYS with ME!! I told DH we're gonna lay in bed and stare at eachother and go "who are you?" Because we're always so busy with kids, etc. we hardly EVER have time alone together....we won't know what to do with ourselves!! lol

mbelgard Posted 30 May 2008 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 7

This weekend I'm going to be busy enough that I won't miss them. I might even get a chance to see my new nephew while my husband and his friend are buying tractor parts.

We do get time to go out to dinner and my kids spend hours at my in-laws but they don't spend the night.

mkolmar Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 7

Oh yeah, well it's my daughters birthday tomorrow and I'm going to have a whole house full of kids from the ages of 0-11. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

so jealous.

KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 7

lol@mkolmar! Been there, done that!!! I tell my kids now if they don't help get the house ready for their b-day parties (ie. clean, decorate, etc.) and help clean up when it's over....they don't have them here.......so far I have only had ONE b-day party at MY house.....the rest have been Chuck E. Cheese's and the bowling alley lol

navywifetrat Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 7

We all need time away from our kids - enjoy it! It helps recharge our batteries!

My husband is coming home in 20 days from Afganistan and we are leaving in 34 days for a week in Barbados for 7 nights without our children. Our 10 year old DD is having a hard time with us leaving her alone.

tchrmom Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 2:31am
post #7 of 7

She'll be ok. I left my 4 year old for the first time in his memory for longer than an evening. My husband and I went to Paris for 10 days. He tried telling me he would cry all the time. I don't think he shed a tear. He was with his Nana and loved it. I also had left him a present and note for every day. That helped. The presents were "dollar store" type things--nothing big. (stickers, those little sponges that grow in water, a couple of paperback books, a note pad, etc). You are donig the right thing by preparing her for it. Let her help plan some things to do while you are gone. We also told him that we would be having adventures and so would he and that we could share them when we got home. (You will probably have to phrase it in 10-year-old as opposed to 4-year-old language, but I bet that will help.)

Have a great time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%