So I am made a batch of chocolate plastic for a cake I am making tomorrow. I followed the directions on the Wilton website for candy clay, one package of candy melts and 1/3 cup of corn syrup. But this morning, the batch is so hard I can barely knead it! What should I do? Can I microwave it for a few seconds?
the more you microwave it the harder it will get. you have to make a new batch, but maybe finding a different recipe.
no no..........just smoosh it.......it will knead.......seriously it seems like a rock but if you just warm it a little with your hands you'll see it's fine. I've thrown away a ton of this stuff because of this.....it's not ruined don't throw it out!!! Try to break off a small piece and squish it in your hands and warm it up....you'll see it will soften fairly fast......the best thing to do is just to let the heat of your hands warm it!
Go ahead and try the microwave. I've never made clay with candy melts...I've only done it with chocolate, but I think the concept would be the same. If you have a whole recipe, only microwave it for 10 seconds. It might almost be melted in some areas, and hard in others....just start kneeding it and it should get a uniform temperature and a great texture. Be careful though! Those melted spots are HOT!!! Let us know if it worked!!
it is just fine do not microwave or toss
I let mine sit in smaller batches so it is easier to knead... but if your is in one large lump take a knife and cut off a chunk
To start the kneading take the chunk and press down on a hard surface and then you will find it is easier to knead. soon it will be soft and pliable.
If you had found it soft you would have had trouble working with it.