Shelf Stable Fillings

Baking By cakemommy Updated 31 May 2008 , 2:25pm by ladyonzlake

cakemommy Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all! I have an odd request for a wedding cake. It's not the actual design but the actual transportation time of the cake.

I have a lady in CA that is going to be coming up here for her daughter's wedding. Her daughter wants her mom to decorate the cake like she had done for her brother's cake. Well, the mom does not have the ability to make the cake once she gets up here so she has asked me to do it for her and she will pick up the cake two days before the wedding. The wedding is being held at a lodge up at Mt. Rainier which is a good 3 plus hours away.

I need some filling suggestions that do not require refrigeration. She knows that any ganache or cream filling is out!!! I recommended some fruit fillings but I want to know if there is any other fillings out there that would work.

I am drawing a blank on another other type of filling. If you all could suggest some fillings that would work I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!!!

Amy

9 replies
2sdae Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 10

you could do mousse type fillings with rich's better cream or pastry pride, that way it's still no fridge needed and non-dairy.
different flavors of butter cream.

cakemommy Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #3 of 10

Sounds great but I do not have access to either one of those!! Darnit!!!!

Amy

leily Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #4 of 10

I recommend the sleeve fillings. You can order them online from www.kitchenkrafts.com or from CK.

They have a LOT of flavors. I can find some locally at the restaurant supply store also b/c they sell them as pie filling. They don't carry all of the flavors but you can find a lot online.

Lemon, Raspberry (w/o seeds or with), strawberry, cherry, Bavarian creme, Chocolate bavarian creme, Coconut, apple, blueberry.... there are more but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Could also do the can pie fillings. You can use any of these plain or mix with buttercreme.

cakemommy Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:51am
post #5 of 10

I totally forgot about the sleeve fillings. I've made mine for so long now that I forgot about them. Yes, that's a great idea!!! DUH!!! Thank you!

Amy

2sdae Posted 31 May 2008 , 9:59am
post #6 of 10

country kitchen also sells them cheap with excellent customer service and shipping is low too, kitchenkrafts shipping is always high for me? Wierd no one elves's is.

leily Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

country kitchen also sells them cheap with excellent customer service and shipping is low too, kitchenkrafts shipping is always high for me? Wierd no one elves's is.

Shipping is low for me I think b/c I live about 2-3 hrs from them and in the same state. I am sure it helps with the shipping charges =)

2sdae Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 10

yep that'll do it! thumbs_up.gif

ladyonzlake Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:25pm
post #10 of 10

Hi Amy, if you're in WA you can get the sleeve filling at Cash and Carry. They have a variety of fruit flavors and they also have bavarian.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%