Ricepaper On Gumpaste Diploma?

Decorating By ibmoser Updated 30 May 2008 , 7:32pm by ibmoser

ibmoser Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a gumpaste diploma with lots of writing on it, so I thought I'd just print on ricepaper and attach to the gumpaste since it won't be eaten. I want to shape the gumpaste a bit - curling it at top and bottom and maybe a "wrinkle" or two in the middle. I have ricepaper but have never used it icon_redface.gif - if I attach it to still-pliable gumpaste will the rice paper "move" with the gumpaste as I shape it? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

5 replies
Michele25 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

I would love to know too!!

norma20 Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 6

Every time that I apply a printed rice paper image on gumpaste, I moist the gumpaste a little bit with plain water. Just a little with a brush or my finger tips, just enough for the rice paper to glue on.

ibmoser Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks, Norma 20 -
So I can stick the ricepaper to the gumpaste with a little water and then shape it without having the rice paper crack or tear?

norma20 Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 6

Lay rice paper sheet on top of your gumpaste by holding the ends and applying the middle first and them the ends. gently pat to remove any wrinkles. Do not rub it.

Again, you have to moist the gumpaste a little in order to get the rice image glued to it.

ibmoser Posted 30 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

Got it! Thank you so much thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%