Has Anyone Ever Added Flavoring To Wilton Fondant?

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 30 May 2008 , 3:07pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:48am
post #1 of 7

If you did, how did you do it? I was thinking I would add some creme bouquet into the wilton fondant and see how it goes, but didn't know if getting it damp with the flavoring would ruin the fondant.

6 replies
peg818 Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 7

Just knead it in. I have found that even after adding flavoring there is still that chemical taste to that fondant.

AmyCakes2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 7

Use cornstarch to help with the "stickiness" and when rolling it out. It should be fine!

AJsGirl Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 7

I've done it. Just knead, knead, knead, knead, forever. I have to say, though, it didn't improve the taste much at all. icon_sad.gif

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 7

I made my first batch of marshmellow fondant this week and it was WONDERFUL. Its easy to make taste GREAT (it melts in your mouth) and does not have that chemical taste that premade fondants have. I would HIGHLY suggest that you try it. PM me if you need the directions!!
OH and its sooooooooo much cheaper than buying fondant!!!

MichelleM77 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 7

I think adding flavoring to Wilton fondant is a waste of your good flavorings.

disneynutbsv Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 7

I've made mmf and I can't get it really smooth, its like it has "pitting" in it. As much as I can't stand the Wilton, it rolls out nicely. I'm about 2 hours away from a cake decorating store, but I guess I might have to take some time to drive down to try Satin Ice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%