Please Help Me With Greaduation Cakes!!

Decorating By patton78 Updated 30 May 2008 , 4:59pm by LetThereBeCake07

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:22am
post #1 of 4

I have a cake order from my church for graduation cakes to feed 150-160. I am making a large sheet cake and a 12", 10", 8", 6" (the 6" being a cap). My problem is that it is for the boys and girls who attend our church and are graduating this year. They are from all differant schools so I have no color schemes. What would you do for both of these cakes, any ideas would be SO helpful!!!

3 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 4

I would make the main color white then if your church has a color that is uses a lot you can use that color or it you have excess to editable image you can print the school names in their school colors on small image circles and place them all over the cake I did a tier cake for my son (look in photos) and you can just put congrates on the front or you can make small gum paste diplomas with the name of each school and ribbon colors tied on each diplomas with the school name written in school colors I hope this helps

Molly2

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 4

Those are great ideas. Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to do all that nor do I have an edible image printer. I do not even know the names of the schools! This is the problem...I don't have much to work with!! icon_cry.gif

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 4

"traditional " graduation colors are black, white and yellow. These are good generic colors and fit for the boys and girls.

I would make each teir fun, one stripes, one dots, one ....you get the idea. Use white as your background color and then the black and yellow to decorate. Make the cap black with yellow tassles.

you could write on the cake or cake board "congratulations to the graduating class of 2008" so it covers boys, girls and any school.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%