Cupcake Bouquet Disaster!!!

Decorating By blue123 Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 4:27am by sunnybono

blue123 Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:56am
post #1 of 7

I don't know what happened. I made my first cupcake bouquet for a customer, and the cupcakes had partly fallen off by the next morning. The trial ones I made at home, I litterally let them sit on my counter for 2 weeks...and they never fell off. I can only assume that because they were so fresh when they were transported, they were not set. The customer called me to place the order in the morning and wanted them by that evening...she picked them up...I did not deliver. Is there a more firm recipe that I should be using? Help! icon_sad.gif

6 replies
dttcb Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:17am
post #2 of 7

Yep, I think the fact that they were super fresh was the problem, especially if you have done some practice ones and not had a problem. How did your customer transport them? Perhaps they had a bumpy ride to boot!

If a last minute order comes in again, maybe putting them in the freezer before delivery/transport would help. But I would try bake them the day before if you can help it!

Sorry that happened to you, I hope your client was ok!

Good Luck!

edith123 Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:26am
post #3 of 7

I'm sorry that happened to you. What did your client have to say?

blue123 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for client was fine. She has been my customer for about 8 years. She was the one who tansported them, so she was aware of the risk involved. I was wondering if the weight of the cupcake liner has anything to do with it, too. I used the ones from Dollar Tree that someone had suggested. icon_smile.gif

augustaharrison Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 7

My first attempt at a cupcake boquet turned out much the same, either they wouldn't stay on the toothpick or the paper would pull away. So I did some more research here on cc and found a cup method and it worked excellent, it is a little more prep work but the cupcakes aren't going anywhere. If you look at my pics you will see a pic on what looks like flowers and I have a small post as to how I did it. Good luck!!!

Karema Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:11am
post #6 of 7

I'm making my first bouquet today and the lady in Jo'anns told me to attach them with skewers then cut after I insert them into the cupcaks. Sh said I would have more support that way. I'm going to try it. I will tell you guys how it worked out.

sunnybono Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:27am
post #7 of 7

Are you all supporting your first round of cupcakes nearest the bottom of the pot with a stick/skewer on the bottom side of the cupcake? I learned from trial and error that that first ring really has to have support under it and if you are careful you never see the stick supporting them. Also, what type of sticks are you using. I use a flat craft stick that sort of looks like a popsicle stick with a rounded end but also has a point on the other end. Just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%