Cream Cheese Icing Combinations

Decorating By ac2steachk Updated 30 May 2008 , 10:46pm by mogzilla

ac2steachk Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:17am
post #1 of 13

I need to make a bridal shower cake next week.
The bride asked for cream cheese icing. She loves carrot cake but knows most people at the party don't like it, so she asked me to pick a flavor.
What is your favorite cake to pair with cream cheese icing?

Thanks for your ideas,
allison

12 replies
Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #2 of 13

what about butter pecan cake. i love the two together

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:26am
post #3 of 13

I recently made a Hummingbird cake and used White Chocolate Cream Cheese BC with it and it got rave reviews. The only hesitation I have to tell you to go for it, is that it is similar to carrot cake in texture. But it doesn't contain carrots; instead it has bananas and pineapple. Maybe when you get some more suggestions you'll have something else and if not then you can give this a try. I got the recipe from the Southern Living website.

twooten173 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #4 of 13

I like dark fudge and cream cheese.

Ruth0209 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:45am
post #5 of 13

Italian Cream cake is good with cream cheese. Red velvet cake is also usually made with cream cheese icing/filling.

Zahrah Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:45am
post #6 of 13

Hello! Red velvet!! The sugar plum fairy also has some yummy suggestions

bevyd Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:59am
post #7 of 13

What about a yellow cake with strawberry&creamcheese filling, and the frost the rest of the cake with the plain creamcheese frosting, or a lemon cake, or a marble cake.Creamcheese frosting the other food group. icon_smile.gif

bevyd Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:01am
post #8 of 13

What about a yellow cake with strawberry&creamcheese filling, and the frost the rest of the cake with the plain creamcheese frosting, or a lemon cake, or a marble cake.Creamcheese frosting the other food group. icon_smile.gif

Belovedeve Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:07am
post #9 of 13

i make these cupcakes with the duncan hines strawberry cake and I make regular cream cheese icing and add that strawberry jell stuff that you make shortcakes with and they go like hotcakes

aztomcat Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:02am
post #10 of 13

devil's food, red velvet or strawberry.....all yummy with cream cheese.

ac2steachk Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:57am
post #11 of 13

All great ideas. thanks for your input.

-allison

andromedaslove Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 13

I made some Creme Brulee cupcakes last month with a cream cheese icing, and my SIL annunced immediately that those are the flavors she wants for her wedding cake next year.

mogzilla Posted 30 May 2008 , 10:46pm
post #13 of 13

I make a banana layer cake with cream cheese frosting and fresh sliced strawberries for the filling (a Reagan Dailey recipe) -- yum!

I have also been know to crush Oreos and mix them with cream cheese frosting and use for chocolate cupcakes. Adults, especially, seem to love this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%