Why Did My Cupcake Liners Fall Off?

Decorating By adonisthegreek1 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 3:14am by adonisthegreek1

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 7

I had to make a lot of cupcakes. I made them the night before the event and wanted them to be moist and taste fresh baked. I let them cool completely then put them into Ziploc storage bags overnight. When I took them out the next morning to frost, my cupcake liners had fallen off of half of them. I am completely baffled as to why this happened. Can anyone help me?

6 replies
2Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2Cupcakes Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:50am
post #2 of 7

My only thoughts are maybe the cupcakes were cool on the top but maybe still warm in the center and when they were put in the ziploc bag they steamed.

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:54am
post #3 of 7

I agree with 2Cupcakes. I have had this happen when I have put them in a carrier and they were not completely, 100% cool. The liners will slip right off!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:05am
post #4 of 7

What kind of liners did you use? I purchased these swirl ones and that happened to me when I used them. I baked in them 2 separate times and the same thing happened.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 7

I've had that happen when I've been a little rough when I removed them from the pan, but the "steaming" idea sounds plausible, too.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 7

the same thing happened to me. i was also baffled.

hope someone can answer.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:14am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyonzlake

What kind of liners did you use? I purchased these swirl ones and that happened to me when I used them. I baked in them 2 separate times and the same thing happened.

I'm not sure what kind I used, but they were probably Wilton or Reynolds. I tried again over the weekend. I had a large cupcake order. I baked them very early in the morning and did not seal them in an airtight container until late at night. The next day the liners were still intact and I was very pleased.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%