I Need Some Prayers, Guys!

Lounge By Amia Updated 31 May 2008 , 2:09am by michellenj

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 11

A good friend of mine lost her 3 month old son. He stopped breathing earlier today, they don't know why...yet. Please pray for her family. I can't even imagine losing my baby boys. It makes me sick just thinking about it. We were pregnant together and our sons were due a week apart. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

10 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 11

. . . how terribly sad . . . I can't imagine the grief . . . lifting your friend and her family up in prayer . . . may God be very, very close . . . and bless you for your compassion during this very difficult time . . .

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:14am
post #3 of 11

How awful. Sending good karma your way...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:49am
post #4 of 11

How sad. I think I would loose my mind if this happened to me. I'll pray tonight.

Amia Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:53am
post #5 of 11

Thank you guys! I appreciate it. My son is a month older (he came early) and I can't stop holding him, and thinking what if it were me. They're the sweetest couple. They haven't even celebrated their first wedding anniversary and already they've welcomed and lost their only child. I just don't understand how God works sometimes, but he knows best.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 30 May 2008 , 7:35am
post #6 of 11

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your friend through this time! I am so sorry for your loss.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:38am
post #7 of 11

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and her family. My niece lost her son at 2 1/2 months and it has been really hard on her. Please be there for her even if its just to listen or cry with her. She is going to need everyones strength to get her through this tragic time.
I am so so sorry....
Faye

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:58pm
post #8 of 11

I am so sorry to hear this happened. I can relate to what they are going through. Do they have any other children? We lost our son when he was almost 6 weeks old. There was no illness leading up to his death so as with your friends, it was a total shock. The fact that I had an older child is what greatly contributed to me being able to go on. I had to be there for her and provide her with as normal life as possible. It was so devastating though. A part of me is still missing and I've never looked at things in the same way again. One thing that I do want to mention is that instead of my friends coming over and helping with the grieving process, they became quite distant. I don't think they really meant to but I think it was just very awkward for them and they just didn't know what to say or how to deal with the grief that my husband and I were experiencing. I also think that the realization that this can happen to anyone scared them because most of my friends had very young children or infants as well. It could have made such a difference if they had been able to just be there. I know that there is absolutely nothing that can be said or done to change things but it would have meant a lot if I felt that I could call on one of my friends and have them just sit with me and let me cry and get out all of my emotions. I guess what I'm trying to say is even though it is difficult to see your friends grieving and even though it scares you, it is so important to be there. They know you can't change anything but the comfort that you can provide is so important. You sound like you are a wonderful friend and they will forever be grateful for your compassion and prayers. God bless you all!!

Amia Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:02pm
post #9 of 11

Oh Butternut, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. icon_sad.gif This whole situation has just scared me to death. Another friend, and I (we all went to middle and high school together) are planning on visiting her. I don't want to barge in right away, but we were going to visit next week. The sad thing is, with my having an infant of my own, we both got so caught up and we've never even seen each other's babies in person.

I also had an update today on cause of death. The baby died during his nap yesterday. He choked on his own vomit. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 11

how absolutely heart breaking, im praying for your friend and for you, may you have the strength to help her through such a tough time.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:09am
post #11 of 11

That is heartbreaking. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure your friend is in shock and full of "what if's" and "I should have's". I can't begin to imagine her pain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%