When Do You Put The Stick In??

Baking By DeniseFL Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm by Kay_NL

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #1 of 13

Well, I am about to try for the fisrt time to make sugar cookies..
Got the recipe for cookies and royal icing recipe too
Now, when do you put the stick on it?? after baked?? how??
Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
just_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_desserts Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 13

Denise,
I put mine in before I bake. Downside of that is you can't get as many cookies on the cookie sheet but I think they stay in better if baked in. JMHO
LaWanda

DeniseFL Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:32am
post #3 of 13

Thank you for your reply...
Now, how thick should I cut them?? icon_redface.gif

DeniseFL Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:46am
post #4 of 13

UP icon_sad.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:58am
post #5 of 13

Hey ya,
I have put sticks in before and straight after and last week I forgot when they were warm and so I stuck the stick in when they complletly cooled (very gently ) and they were very strong. I make mine quite thick like 2cm or about 3/4 inch. They seem much more solid to me but maybe someone else can give you another size.
Cheers
Leigh

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 13

I push the stick in before I bake and then I place a strip of cooke on top of where I placed the stick for reinforcement. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

Lu

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:45am
post #7 of 13

I am so happy for this post-I always wondered. In fact I bought sticks to make cookie pops but have never done it cause I wasn't sure how! Thank you icon_smile.gif

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:19am
post #8 of 13

i have tried every way and i think you just have to try them and find the best one that works for you i have tried the one where you put in the stick before you bake, the one where you place the strip of dough over the stick, the wilton cookie pans, and i found the best way was to use two dowel rods and glide the rolling pin on these to get them all the same thickness, bake then insert the stick gently and so far knock on wood that has worked for me. hope this helps.

edith123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edith123 Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:31am
post #9 of 13

I have to try making those, it sounds like a lot of fun! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:41am
post #10 of 13

I lay the stick on the cookie sheet then cover with the cut-out cookie. Gently press around the stick area. I've always had great success with this method, and tend to keep doing what works!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:01pm
post #11 of 13

I put my sticks in before I bake and I make my cookies as thick as the cookie cutter I use the NFSC recipe on this site and Antoina's Icing Recipe it's great.
I have spider man cookies that I made in my photos with no problem.

Molly2

dulzuramagica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulzuramagica Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #12 of 13

I roll mine to 1/8" thickness I use the Wilton bands for that as for the stick I glue it on the back with Royal icing they hold up just as well and its much easier to remove the stick and give to children without breaking the cookie in the process

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 9:42pm
post #13 of 13

I baked NFSC for the first time today and tried putting the sticks in first for a few, and the rest I'm going to attach with melted chocolate or royal icing. I had a bump where the stick was, but I probably just put the stick in there wrong?? I put a tiny bit of dough then the stick, then the cookie. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%