Need Help With Design Idea!!

Decorating By Carson Updated 30 May 2008 , 2:49am by Carson

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, everyone has always been helpful when I have been looking for help with a design of a cake. This one is interesting...

Wedding shower cake
2 tiers, round
Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore fondant figures (see my photos)
Green and Yellow colors (think John Deere)
Sunflowers (not necessary to include, but these are her wedding flowers)

The rest is up to me, the design isn't important to the bride, just as long as the stuff above is included.

I can't wait to here ideas as I need to start working on this cake right away and have no idea where to begin! Thanks

10 replies
Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:17am
post #2 of 11

Maybe you could do the bottom tier green and put sunflowers around the top or even as the border around the bottom and do the top tier to look like stems up the sides and have the top covered in sunflowers with the characters sitting on them. kinda like sitting in a field of sunflowers.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:35am
post #3 of 11

Bottom tier yellow, top tier green with the characters sitting admist a field of the sunflowers. Maybe even have Eeyore having a sunflower hanging from his mouth like they do with the roses in the Tango. Or you could have one sitting on one of their noses with its eyes closed and a big smile on his face.

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:36am
post #4 of 11

thats a good idea too

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:36am
post #5 of 11

I like ladyhitman18's idea - the sunflowers cover the yellow part and add to the wedding theme- you could also have them holding the flowers??

trying to think- I think my thinkers broke tonight !!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:59am
post #6 of 11

two options....

(i'm partial to version on LEFT -- green cake/yellow accents)

cakes very plain -- no side decorations

then on top -- the sunflowers sprouting -- each held by one of the characters (eeyore, piglet, tigger)

option -- only two sunflowers on top -- one held by eeyore and the other by piglet

and tigger??? why he's bouncing at the end of a long wire that has been bent around a dowel to get a spiral effect -- he's just so happy!
LL

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:06am
post #7 of 11

I like the left cake as well.

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:11am
post #8 of 11

I love the green cake with the sunflowers sprouting! What a great idea!! But I also like the idea of the figures sitting in the field of flowers.....decisions!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #9 of 11

How about a white cake with piglet on the bottom layer standing on his tiptoes lifting up a giant sunflower for pooh to smell who could be laying on his belly on the second tier with his feet up in the air and head in his hands. Then on the top layer you can have tigger laying on a big sunflower on his back with his hands in the air. Maybe have eyeore being shaded by a sonflower hanging over his head. Put a small band of green with yellow polka dots as a border around all the cakes.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:37am
post #10 of 11

Bottom cake green, top cake yellow ( a very big sunflower )with fondant petals falling to cover the tier instead of border and the characters sitting on it.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:49am
post #11 of 11

Oh the decisions I have to make!! I think my biggest problem is I am the most indecisive person, I love all the ideas! Thanks so much, I would love to hear more. It always amazes me the creativity and differences everyone always has.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%