Gumpaste / Fondant Gun

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 30 May 2008 , 4:28pm by Kay_NL

Pama2d Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone recommend a good brand and a place to buy one of these???

8 replies
Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 9

Nope! But I want one too! Hopefully someone will have a great suggestion for us! icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 9

The Makins Green Clay Extruder. The black and red s*u*g*a*r*c*r*a*f*t* gun is very hard on the wrists. The Makins extruder uses a twist action rather than a pump action, which makes it easier on the wrists. (Not to mention it's a LOT cheaper too!) icon_rolleyes.gif

SpringFlour Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 9

I am planning to buy a Makins soon because of what I've read here about them. I've heard that you can get them from JoAnn's or Michaels and use the 40% off coupon, making it even more affordable.

bashini Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 9

Hi, I've got the black and red clay gun. I use a lot of shortening when I use gum paste.

The other thing that you can do is knead the paste with some shortening and then partially put the paste into a small cup of boiling water. Then knead it again, and you should have the consistancy of chewing gum. I learnt from Lindy Smith.

HTH. icon_biggrin.gif

jlsheik Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 9

No waiting period on this gun...(lol) I just bought the Makins Clay Gun Extruder yesterday!! It was 24.99 at Hobby Lobby but with the 40% off coupon made it about 14.99. I played with it just a little last night and have already decided it's my new favorite toy. I also bought the Pasta Machine for fondant, not sure how I like that yet.

Amia Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:02am
post #7 of 9

Alright I'm going to HL first thing in the morning! icon_rolleyes.gif

AuntieElle Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:56am
post #8 of 9

I'm a self-professed extruder Queen. . .I love my Makins! I also have the $6.99 cheapie because it came with discs that the Makins didn't.
I do have to say that the Pasta Machine was a bit of a waste. It leaves grease on my fondant/gumpaste if I get too close to the sides. I;d like the KA pasta attachment but unfotrunatley I keep spending that money on gas. . .

Kay_NL Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 9

I'd really like one of these too!

The one time I needed to make hair, I used my daughter's play dough factory. (washed and sterilized first of course!) icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%