Cupcakes In Those Little Cups, Nut Cups??

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 12:48am by Katie-Bug

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 11

I got a question...how do you get them out to eat um'?? icon_confused.gif

I baked some last night, I have 3dz due Saturday and I couldn't get them out to eat them. Once I cut the ring around the top of the cup, how do you deal with this? Thanks so much!! thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 11

http://www.cupcakeblog.com/

This lady uses them a lot. I remember her saying they were harder to eat using them vs. using regular cupcake liners, but she liked the look.

Good luck.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 11

There were some posts about this recently - Melvira had some luck with them, if I remember correctly...

I used them once and while they look nice, people had to eat their cupcakes out of them with spoons and I think my cupcakes were much drier than usual. So I was disappointed.

gleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gleep Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 11

I love them and have been using them a lot lately. It is really easy to get the cake out. Just grab the top rim in two spots about 1/4 inch apart and pull. This will cause the overlapping section of the nut cup to separate. Do that in a couple more spots and the cup widens enough that you can just lift the cupcake out.

Synfuldelite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Synfuldelite Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:11am
post #5 of 11

I have yet to use them but over in the cupcake topic Melvira states that she sprays with something like the Crisco with Flour spray. May want to pm her and ask! icon_smile.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 11

What if you bake them in a regular cupcake liner, then just slide them into the nut cups afterwards?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 11

Yes, spray them with the flour spray. I use Pam for Baking.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 11

I just put a tiny little snip on the top in one or two places before I bake. Then you just pull the cup apart!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:33pm
post #9 of 11

I use cooking spray, and tear them a little, and they come out very easily, and haven't had one break apart. I have only used the smaller 2 oz ones. Melvira uses the 4oz ones.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 30 May 2008 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 11

I love the nut cups, so easy to bake with and they look nice. They are really helpful when making a large volume of cuppys since you can line a ton of them up on a cookie sheet.

I do not spray mine with anything and have no problems with sticking. You don't have to snip them either, at least with the ones I use (huge sleeve from Smart and Final) you just sit it down and grasp with 2 hands near one of the folds and pull repeat around the cup until your treat is released! I've taught all of my friends and family and they are all pros now thumbs_up.gif

I have a tutorial on baking with (how much to fill) and serving nutcups from one of my fav blogs send me your email and I'll send it to you, it's what taught me how to use them. G/L Andrea

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 12:48am
post #11 of 11

Hey, thanks for the replys. I bought mine from GFS and they were kinda hard to get out.

The ring around the top was hard to break so I just snipped around the edge in four places. They just tore right out.

They didn't try to stick, but I will remember to spray them. Thanks alot, Katie
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%