Bakery Emulsion

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 30 May 2008 , 12:39pm by clovermeg

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 4

has anyone used princess bakery emulsion... I was thinking of trying it because I can't find creme bouquet.

3 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, I substituted that for the wedding bouquet in Sharon's buttercream recipe. It sort of smells like a mix of lemon and almond extract.
I havent had a chance to taste the wedding bouquet yet but I didnt care for the this one. But Im also not a fan of the taste of buttercream either so maybe someone that has more of a nonbiased opinion can help more.
What did you plan on putting it into?

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 30 May 2008 , 11:07am
post #3 of 4

I was thinking of putting it into frosting.... I don't really like buttercream either which is why I was trying to make it better.

clovermeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovermeg Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 4

In my opinion, princess emulsion is NOT a substitute for creme bouquet. Amazon.com had/has a great deal on princess emulsion - 5 bottles for $20 and needless to say -- I ordered it without ever having tried it before and I HATE it --- so I have 4 unopened bottles that I refuse to use. That being said, some people LOVE princess emulsion. On a side note -- if anyone is interested in buying my 4 bottles, PM me --- I would LOVE to get rid of them!!

Cheers,

Meg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%