Window Display....any Ideas???

Decorating By ctackett Updated 29 May 2008 , 10:18pm by Mizuki

ctackett Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 5

The flower shop here in town is doing a wedding window display. They want me to do the cake!!!! Any ideas??? I think I want something extravagant??? The colors they are thinking of right now are turquoise and red. Hmmmm......

4 replies
Mizuki Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

Turquoise and red? That's a bold color palette! Makes me think of spanish tiles. Maybe a mosaic?
Good Luck!

Aliwis000 Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam7

Turquoise and red? That's a bold color palette! Makes me think of spanish tiles. Maybe a mosaic?
Good Luck!

A mosiaic is such a neat idea! I have no idea how you would do something like this but how neat would little half inch squares of fondant look in a traslucent mix of red and turquoise all over a cake. Like glossy tiles. Ok I know I would never be able to do something like that but what a neat idea!

~Alicia

ctackett Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 5

I was thinking red ribbon around each layer with small turquoise flowers going up the side. Almost like a turquoise cherry tree blossom...or vise versa...turquoise ribbon around each layer with red small flowers easing up the sides....decisions!!!

Mizuki Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliwis000

A mosiaic is such a neat idea! I have no idea how you would do something like this but how neat would little half inch squares of fondant look in a traslucent mix of red and turquoise all over a cake. Like glossy tiles. Ok I know I would never be able to do something like that but what a neat idea!

~Alicia

hahaha....me either! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%