Fondant Graduation Tassel

Decorating By BFC Updated 30 May 2008 , 3:46am by dulzuramagica

BFC Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 5

I was watching one of those cake shows on TV and they put either gumpaste or fondant into this press and it came out like spaghetti! I'm doing a graduation cake and it would be perfect for the tassel. Is there a tool like that available?


4 replies
alanahodgson Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 5

a garlic press, or a clay extruder will give you those results. Clay extruders can be purchased with the clay tools at many craft stores. A garlic press would be much cheeper, but also less multifunctional.

Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 5

A garlic press? That's something I DO have! I never would've thought of that, thanks for the tip! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

BFC Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion...I'm off to the craft store!

dulzuramagica Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:46am
post #5 of 5

Hi! U can use a garlic press but make sure is a stainless steel one 'cuz the cheap metal kind will get all bent out of shape in the process (it happend to me the frst time i did this) ....good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%