Train Cake Ideas

Decorating By ktweety07 Updated 30 May 2008 , 3:36pm by luvbakin

ktweety07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 8

I am going to be doing a train theme for a birthday party for a 3 year old. I am wanting to do a train cake. I have seen the ones posted on this site and really like but i am not sure how to make the train cars or if there is any other ideas.
thanks for all your help icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 8

I believe Nordicware makes a train pan with all the cars. Also, if you have Debbie Brown's Easy Party Cakes there is a train cake in there icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smitakasargod Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 8

I have a zoo train that I made for my daughter's 2nd b'day. The cars were cakes and I wanted a rustic wooden look so I covered them with panels of chocolate candy clay mxed with satin ice fondant.

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 8

I just made this one. It's iced in buttercream and the train is made out of fondant. Just do a google search for a train coloring picture, print it out, cut it out, lay it on your fondant, and cut around. Then brush water on the reverse side and lay it right on your cake. Oh, and make sure you can see the engine when looking at the front of the cake icon_redface.gif
LL

ktweety07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety07 Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you all so much this was very helpful and the picture is wonderful

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbakin

I just made this one. It's iced in buttercream and the train is made out of fondant. Just do a google search for a train coloring picture, print it out, cut it out, lay it on your fondant, and cut around. Then brush water on the reverse side and lay it right on your cake. Oh, and make sure you can see the engine when looking at the front of the cake icon_redface.gif

that cake is soo adorable...and perfect! thumbs_up.gif

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the compliments. I just wish I would have turned the top tier a little to the left, so you could see the engine of the train while look straight at the front of the cake. Oh well. Nobody at the party noticed but me. LOL!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%