Stack Books Without The Supporting Cake Boards Showing?

Decorating By SpudCake Updated 29 May 2008 , 10:15pm by KoryAK

SpudCake Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I am making a stack of books, now I think how will I do this without the boards showing. I will be covering with fondant and there are no borders to cover the boards. Do I just cover the entire thing, board and all with the fondant. I will be the one cutting the cake so I will know the boards are there but won't that be a little awkward to cut? I need help with this. I am working on the cake today.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 5

Cut the support board slightly smaller than the cake. When you stack it, that should hide the board.

bellejoey Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know if this helps but I would try putting boards under the cake that are a little smaller than the actual size of each book. I would make sure the boards go in about a 1/2 inch or so from the sides so you can't see them. icon_smile.gif

luvbakin Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 5

That's what I did - cut the boards to be just a little smaller than the cake. Only wrap the cake. The board won't show.

Good luck.

KoryAK Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 5

In my book cakes, I have the buttercreamed cake on the board (same size) and then cover the whole thing like normal in light (pages) fondant, the roll out a long piece of dark (cover) fondant, set the "book" down and wrap the "cover" around it just like a real book would be. No board to be seen at all this way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%