Jamaica Theme B-Day Cake

Decorating By shawna170 Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm by yaadie

shawna170 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawna170 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 6

Ihave been nominated to make my aunt and uncles b-day cake this year. They are going to Jamaica before their birtdays so my aunt wants a Jamaica theme cake. I have been to countless sites for ideas but had no luck. Would love some ideas, plz help.

5 replies
Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 6

You could do a beach themed cake.

Or how about a cake in the shape of a giant tropical drink? Perhaps a pineapple shaped cake with a straw and drink umbrellas. The cake could even be pina colada flavored! You could use fonadant and do a pineapple type imprint on it.

SugarLand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLand Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 6

you could do the jamacian flag with some beach themed gumpaste fiugures around.........

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 6

here is a pinapple cake i did...it was pinapple flavor too

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1185012.html

Lacicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lacicakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 6

I am actually doing a wedding cake for a couple that are getting married in Jamaica and having a reception here. We decided on a square cake with tropical flowers and trimed in bamboo. I am making little sea shells and arranging them on the corners. I ran into the same problem with finding inspiration for a Jamaican cake . But I am putting some palm sprays with the colorful tropical flowers and with the bamboo it really has a nice look to it.

yaadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yaadie Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 6

I think it would be neat to do the cake in the shape of jamaica (in sand color) and cover the board with 'water'..... put a couple of palm trees with 2 figures lounging beneath it in the sand off centre...
that would be cool, Also, hibiscus is a popular flower of jamaica you could put a couple of them in a corner if you didn't want to use palm trees and the figures....
good luck and post the final pic....I am VERY curious to see whatever you come up with....(I'm a proud jamaican!!)

yaadie (nicole)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%