Greenville, Michigan???

Lounge By chutzpah Updated 1 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm by bec_elias

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:13am
post #1 of 10

Is anyone from here?

Can anyone recommend a decent B & B or hotel?

(BTW, are there any cake supply stores there?)

Thanks in advance!

9 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 10

I'm well over an hour away from there and not really familiar with the area. Hopefully some once else can see this and help you out. Just trying to get this moved up farther in the forum for you.

bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 10

I'm also a ways from there (ann arbor area), but if you are coming into Michigan on 23 then you will pass Saline (about 10 minutes off the expressway) and The Baker's Nook is there. It's a great cake supply place.

chutzpah Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks gals. We'll be flying into Chicago.

chutzpah Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 10

Oh man!

Come ON, y'all! Help me out here! There must be SOMEONE here from that area!

Staying in Greenville is not really my cup of tea, I would so rather park my butt in Saugatuck for that whole week, but we are visiting my gramma so we have no choice. I haven't seen my gramma in 17 years.

chutzpah Posted 31 May 2008 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 10

Okay.

Then we're driving to Bad Axe (not my choice... DH wants to see Bad Axe icon_surprised.gif ). Any cake supply shops between Greenville and BA?

Can anyone recommend a hotel or B&B in Port Austin?

bec_elias Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 10

You are getting closer and closer to where I grew up! I grew up in Cass City, a town over from Bad Axe. In fact I was born in the hospital in Bad Axe. I will have to ask around about places and see what I find out.

chutzpah Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #8 of 10

I survived High School in Bad Axe.

When I left BA I swore up and down and around that I would never return to BA. DH wants to see BA. I told him he could drop me off outside the city limits sign and I would sit there by the side of the road and wait for him while he drove around and looked at Bad Axe.

bec_elias Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 10

Also I don't know if you have to stay in Port Austin but I know that in Caseville (very close by) there a lot of cool little places to rent. Cabin type places you usually find in a beach town. I doubt there's many cake decorating supply shops around the thumb. Lot's of liquer places though icon_wink.gif

bec_elias Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 10

HA! wouldn't take him long.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%