Flavored Coffee Creamer

Decorating By cakesbyjulie2 Updated 29 May 2008 , 2:32am by sparklynne

cakesbyjulie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjulie2 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

I have recently read on here and another discussion forum that people have used flavored coffee creamer to flavor MMF and buttercream. They subsitute the creamer for the liquid. Has anyone done this ? Does it work ? Does it taste good ? If it works the possibilties are endless.

I would love feedback on this post !

Happy Baking !

Julie icon_smile.gif

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 5

i do it all the time......only I use the powdered creamer because it stays good longer on the shelf! I use the vanilla caramel in white cake (2 tbsp. added to one cake mix) and the pralines and cream to white cake as well.......my customers go ga=ga for it!!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 5

I use the liquid Cinnamon Bun coffee flavor in my chocolate cakes, subsitute it for half the water (otherwise it's too greasy) and it makes an amazing kind of mexican chocolate cake. Everyone loves it! I also use different kinds in my fillings - the combinations are endless!

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

I'm really glad to have come across this post. I've heard people on here saying that they use it in their cakes and buttercream too. I've even bought the creamer to use but never had the courage to actually use it. I was afraid I'd mess up a batch of cake mix or buttercream.

I'm going to bite the bullet and try it next time I do a "family" cake.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:32am
post #5 of 5

I also have used the flavored creamers (liquid). I love them. My client's love them as well. I have used them in my cakes, frostings, fillings and even cookies. There are a ton of different combinations that you can get from using them. I find that I also only substitute it for half the liquid in some of my recipes. I have found that when I substituted for all the liquid, it was overly sweet and crystallized a bit in the cakes. Good Luck and Happy Experimenting. There are fabulous flavors out there and it seems as though they are coming out with better ones every time I turn around icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%