Frozen Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By Skidoochic Updated 29 May 2008 , 12:38am by Skidoochic

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:21am
post #1 of 6

Hi folks! All of your cakes are unbelievable!! I've been doing cakes for years and am I no where near the level you are all at! icon_cry.gif

I am going to try a frozen buttercream transfer for the first time. I read the instructions, but as stupid as this sounds, does the author mean to do the outline in Wilton black not blended into frosting or does she mean to just use the black dye in a bag and do the outline?

Sorry this may be a stupid question, but I have never done this before. I always freehand and this seems like it would be a WHOLE lot easier! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
ladeebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladeebug Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 6

No stupid questions...

The outline is done with black frosting. Good luck icon_lol.gif

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:27am
post #3 of 6

Or, go buy the Duncan Hines chocolate fudge frosting. It's very dark, pipes nicely into tiny areas with out being thinned, and will dry just as hard as crusting buttercream. All of that with the added bonus of not having to mess with black dye.
icon_wink.gif

Skidoochic Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:31am
post #4 of 6

You guys are the best! Can I ask a follow up question?

Since I haven't done this before, I was going to do it tonight, but the cake isn't due until Saturday. Can I keep it frozen for more than one day? Like until Friday night?

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoochic

You guys are the best! Can I ask a follow up question?

Since I haven't done this before, I was going to do it tonight, but the cake isn't due until Saturday. Can I keep it frozen for more than one day? Like until Friday night?

I find the longer it stays in the freezer the better. If I can, I make mine 1 week ahead of time and keep it in the freezer.

Good Luck!

Skidoochic Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #6 of 6

Excellent! Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%