Anyone Here From Atlanta That's Been To Cakeart Party Store?

Decorating By kelsiedelizzle Updated 30 May 2008 , 8:04pm by ibmoser

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 5

I was looking online for stores that sell Wilton products in my areas because Mom hates going to Michael's icon_cry.gif because I spend too much money there on yarn and cake supplies icon_twisted.gif Well, I need to make some black buttercream but the THREE wal-marts in my area don't have anything, and since I went to Michael's last week (out of stock!) no one will take me back this week. thumbsdown.gif

I'm totally getting off topic, aren't I? Back to the point:

Dad asked me if any stores that sell Wilton stuff are near his work, so I googled it and found the Michael's that we go to (which is out of EVERYONE'S way), some hobby lobbys that I don't think are very close and the CakeArt Party Store, which looks pretty, ya know, cool icon_biggrin.gif Especially since I've never been to a "real" cake decorating store before.

So after all that that really long information, I was just wondering if any of you seasoned decorators from the ATL have been there and if it's really as cool as a novice like me would think.

Ok, that's all! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:05am
post #2 of 5

I would like to know also. I get over to Atlanta several times a year. When I get to Orlando about once a year I feel like I am at Disney when I get to go to D & G Occasions! I hope there is a cake store like that in Atlanta!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 5

I LOVE CAKEART! Granted, I'm just an amateur, but I can spend HOURS in that store. If you can't find something there, you can't find it anywhere.

They also have a website, www.cakeartpartystore.com.

CHECK THEM OUT! They are a drive for me, but I love to spend the afternoon there! LOL

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsGirl

I LOVE CAKEART! Granted, I'm just an amateur, but I can spend HOURS in that store. If you can't find something there, you can't find it anywhere.

They also have a website, www.cakeartpartystore.com.

CHECK THEM OUT! They are a drive for me, but I love to spend the afternoon there! LOL

Yeah, I found their website and it looks pretty amazing. From my amateur standpoint, I cannot WAIT to make a field trip up to Tucker this summer. It's not very far from my dentist's office, and since I have my 6-month checkup this summer... icon_biggrin.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 30 May 2008 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 5

I'm not from Atlanta, but CakeArt is nice. But, Nicholas Lodge's store, International Sugar Art Collection, is only about three miles from CakeArt. Now there is a stop worth anyone's time and money thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%