Need Ideas For A Grad Cake For Medical Student?

Decorating By bubba01 Updated 29 May 2008 , 10:54pm by bubba01

bubba01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubba01 Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone! Would anyone have any ideas for a cake for 2 doctors graduating medical school? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 replies
jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:31am
post #2 of 9

I've done a graduation cake for a med school student before. I gave them three options. They were all different prices so they could pick according to their budget.

1. Round cake with the medical symbol on it with the heartbeat pattern around the side. (Picture attached)

2. Sheet cake in the shape of a folded up doctor's jacket with the graduate's name on the name tag and a stethoscope around the collar.

3. Sculpted old time doctor's bag with different medical tools on the outside; stethoscope, ear/eye checker and maybe one of those things they hit your knees with.

Just a couple ideas.

I hope that helps!
LL
LL

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:34am
post #3 of 9

there's a cake in the gallery somewhere of a shot in the butt cake. really funny.

pinkdaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkdaisy Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 9

Here are some more great ideas from the gallery.........

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=doctor

bubba01 Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks everyone. I suggested doing the cake that looks like the doctor coat but she didn't want to pay that much for a cake. She just wants a 1/2 sheet cake. I'm just trying to get some ideas on what to put on it. Thanks.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 9

i love the idea of the heartbeat monitor going around the cake, that would work with a sheetcake too! You could do some fbct's of a stethoscope, the doctor symbol, a presc. pad, etc.

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 29 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 9

This I did on a sheet just adapt to male idf needed...
LL

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 9

I think somewhere on here I saw a picture of a cake made to look like the children's game "operation". You know, where you remove the funny bone and butterfly in the stomache and if you touch the sides it buzzes! I loved it... I wish I knew someone in medical school...

bubba01 Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:54pm
post #9 of 9

I seen the same one. I thought it was real cute but my customer thought it was to kiddie like. Talk about picky people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%