Fbct-How Far Ahead Can I Make It?

Decorating By SueW Updated 29 May 2008 , 12:26am by tracey1970

SueW Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have cake due Sunday and a busy weekend, how far ahead can I make a FBCT and leave it in the freezer? I was going to take it out Saturday and place on the cake. Will it stay from say Thursday night until Sat in freezer. Thanks! I need time saving tips so badly.

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

As long as there is nothing smelly in the freezer, it would be fine for a few days. If the FBCT is not wrapped, there is a small risk of condensation or even crystalization on the transfer if the freezer is opened often. Otherwise, it should be fine.

SueW Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 5

Oh thank you JoAnneB that helps me out a lot! Now I can do it ahead of time. Can I just wrap the transfer on the sheet I make it on with saran wrap or something?

JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

Plastic wrap or foil-after is freezes for a while, just to protect it. Then, move quickly when you are ready to use it.

tracey1970 Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #5 of 5

I've got one wrapped in saran in my deep freezer (which is rarely opened) right now that I made this past Saturday and won't be using until next Saturday (not this one coming, but the next). I hope it will be OK?

Quote by @%username% on %date%