Fbct-How Far Ahead Can I Make It?

Decorating By SueW Updated 29 May 2008 , 12:26am by tracey1970

SueW  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I have cake due Sunday and a busy weekend, how far ahead can I make a FBCT and leave it in the freezer? I was going to take it out Saturday and place on the cake. Will it stay from say Thursday night until Sat in freezer. Thanks! I need time saving tips so badly.

4 replies
 JoAnnB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

As long as there is nothing smelly in the freezer, it would be fine for a few days. If the FBCT is not wrapped, there is a small risk of condensation or even crystalization on the transfer if the freezer is opened often. Otherwise, it should be fine.

SueW  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 5

Oh thank you JoAnneB that helps me out a lot! Now I can do it ahead of time. Can I just wrap the transfer on the sheet I make it on with saran wrap or something?

JoAnnB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

Plastic wrap or foil-after is freezes for a while, just to protect it. Then, move quickly when you are ready to use it.

tracey1970  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 29 May 2008 , 12:26am
post #5 of 5

I've got one wrapped in saran in my deep freezer (which is rarely opened) right now that I made this past Saturday and won't be using until next Saturday (not this one coming, but the next). I hope it will be OK?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%