Food Coloring Markers & Ladybugs...

Decorating By Pama2d Updated 28 May 2008 , 10:53pm by Pama2d

Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make ladybugs for a cake that I have coming up. I found the cutest ladybug mold and plan to press in red fondant to get the shape. What I'm wondering is if I used the edible markers to color in the black portion of the ladybugs, will that work and will it dry to the touch? I have never used these markers before. If not, any suggestions on another way to color that portion in?? Thanks for the help!!

5 replies
tippyad Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 6

The Wilton Edible foodmarkers do dry. Allow your fondant to dry first before writing on the ladybugs.

Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you!!!

cocobean Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 6

...just wanted to jump in with an additional question. Can you buy just the black marker from wilton or anyone else?

tippyad Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 6

I've only seen them sold in a pack of 5...red, yellow, green, blue and black. They're not expensive at all. Especially if you use a Michael's coupon. FYI-you can use Michael's coupons @ JoAnn's Fabrics

Pama2d Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 6

Just FYI... I just bought the primary colored set: red, green, blue, yellow, and black at JoAnn's, they are $7.99. They also have a neon set with the pink, purple, black, and two other colors that I can't think of right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%