No Room For Setup!

Decorating By tirby Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm by tirby

tirby Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 5

I am delivering a cake 50 miles. There is no room to roll out fondant once I get there. The cake is three tier with a fondant draping. How could I roll it out in advance, and take it with me? It would need to be ready to just lay on the cake. Or close to it. How would I travel with it and keep it plyable? Sorry butI dont travel very far with cakes and I always assemble on site....
Thanks Oh I need to figure this out by tomorrow.

icon_smile.gif

4 replies
JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

As soon as it is rolled out, the fondant will start to dry. You could try rolling it our between two sheets of plastic and keeping in inside. However, I would carry a card table, rolling pin shortning and other emergency supplies, just in case.

Figure out what you will do if you get there and the edges are dry and won't drape correctly.

tirby Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 5

The plastic is a good idea. I wish I could just assemble and deliver but no way not on the road I have to go on and not in my little corolla. Sadly the card table won't fit either. Thanks for the idea and wish me luck I deliver first thing in the morning

karensjustdessert Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

I've brought small sheets and ribbons of fondant wrapped in plastic to put on the cake during setup. It's always worked for me when I did not want to transport a cake with all the fondant accents on it already.

tirby Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 5

the plastic worked great. Posting a pic. Its the Graduation white and navy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%