Has Anyone Had Any Succes In Dallas Tx????

Business By libs Updated 28 May 2008 , 11:01pm by gottabakenow

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 5

icon_cry.gif Is there anyone who has managed to make and sell cakes over here, in TX dallas, that doesnt own a shop, I have just moved over here from england to be with my husband... and have just found out that home baking is not allowed over here....and now im really down, and feel so frustrated....because making cakes is the only thing im really good at, and there is no way that we can afford a shop and we cant build a seperate kitchen because we rent, and there arent any cake stores here that require help...

I just wondered if there is anyone who reads this that has actually had some succes!! because at the moment I feel like it's hope less, and at this rate im going to be decorating cakes in a walmart or something, as my only way of working with cakes.

please I NEED SOME GOOD NEWS has anyone had any luck??? icon_sad.gif
LL

4 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 5

There is a bakery I used to work at that may be looking for someone. I'll send you a PM.

Deanna

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 5

welcome to TX, i too am from England, and i live not too far from Dallas. First off there have been alot of bakeries in the area advertising for cake decorators lately. look at the jobs on Craigslist, every where from working at frosted art with Bronwen weber to some other custom bakeries in the area.

I do have a legal kitchen at home (converted garage) so it is possible. probably not if you rent though. and then of course you can check out cafes and donut shops to see if they will rent you space. good luck, you make beautiful cakes.

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 5

Thankyou, so much both of you, im so glad that people replied to me with good news.... thankyou you have both really helped and cheered me up... and im glad that someone has managed to do what they enjoy without owning a shop...... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 5

I'm not in TX, so no help here, but just wanted to say that that cake is amazing! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%