Finished 7.5Doz Cookies For My Son's Funfair

Baking By sweetcravings Updated 29 May 2008 , 2:15pm by MichelleM77

sweetcravings Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 2

today and it went much smoother than the last time i did a big batch of cookies... thumbs_up.gif .thanks to you guys. icon_biggrin.gif You all gave me some really good tips when i asked how can i become quicker, less mess when i make cookies. I used your tip of coloring all the glaze, thinning it as needed prior to actual decorating. I had a bunch of little bowls with the colors and consistency i needed. So monday i baked the cookies, yesterday i made the glaze and today all i needed to do was color it, and start decorating. Initally it took some time to color all the colors but once i started decorating i moved from color to color quickly and easily.

Thank you also the CC'ers, who shared the 'bullet' idea for your piping bags. I used this for all my glaze today....it was awesome! thumbs_up.gif I only ended up messing three bags and a few couplers and tips. I was able to move from one color to the next so fast. The cleanup was a breeze too. I will always use this method from now on...LOVED IT!!

So i started today around 8:45am and completely finished decorating the 7.5doz cookies and cleanup at 12:50pm. I thought that was amazing..to have it done in so little time. icon_eek.gif In the past I would have still been working on them, probably well into the night. So the coloring of the glaze, decorating and cleanup took me around 4hrs to do...Is that pretty good time in cookie decorating standards or am i still too slow? Be honest. icon_smile.gif I know from my past this is the best time for me so far, but am i still too slow to make a profit on them?
I made some suns (3steps), ice cream cones(4steps), and balloons (2steps). NOt all that complicated of design, but that was what i was going for since it is only for the fun fair.

I can't wait to take them to the school tomorrow, i'm sure they will be thrilled. Hopefully they can make some money on them. I was thinking of bagging them and putting my phone number on them in case anyone wants to order some from me, but DH said don't bother. The kids will probably just ditch the bag before the parents see it. I'm not really fully selling my cakes and cookies, but have definitely been flirting with the idea, now more than ever.

Well, thanks for all the wonderful tips! I just love CC and it's members. I swear the information you find here is priceless.
Have a great day. If i have time i'll post pics of the cookies later.

suzanne

1 reply
MichelleM77 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 2

THat's great!! What design did you do? How did it go? Pictures! Pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%