International School Of Sugarcraft Book One

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 29 May 2008 , 6:24pm by azureblu

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 6

Hello! I am new to cake decorating. I have taken three wilton classes and want to improve my skills and learn more by books and videos. I have heard that Nicholas Lodge was a good place to start. I was about to purchase International School of Sugarcraft Book One but wanted to know what others thought before I made the purchase. Any thoughts, is this a good book to start with?

Thank You.

5 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have the Su gar cr aft book 1, but I have books 2 and 3 and like them very much. The topics are widely varied so there is a lot of info in the books. I still get them out from time to time and read through them, even though I've owned them both for several years now.

Deanna

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, I have all three books. I learnt a lot from them. I haven't taken any cake decoration classes, which I like to do in the future. But I learnt almost everything at the beginning form these books.

So I highly recomend them to anyone thumbs_up.gif .

Like Deanna said, loads of imformation!

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 6

I highly recommend the book and all his other books.

Can we not type the word 's u g a r c r a f t' on here now either? I know about the whole affair with the company of that name, but Nick Lodge probably wouldn't appreciate the name of his school being blocked on a cake decorating board!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:05am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieBelle

I highly recommend the book and all his other books.

Can we not type the word 's u g a r c r a f t' on here now either? I know about the whole affair with the company of that name, but Nick Lodge probably wouldn't appreciate the name of his school being blocked on a cake decorating board!

They have a trademark on the word as it relates to our industry. They are precluding anyone from publishing it without permission.

azureblu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azureblu Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 6

I don't understand?? How can you trade mark a word that's been around like forever? Are we speaking of a company or another forum?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%