A.w.: First Wedding Cake!

Decorating By authress Updated 28 May 2008 , 11:25pm by superstar

authress Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 14

Thanks to all of the brilliance tossed about here (esp Leahs and her love of SPS!), I managed to pull off my first official wedding cake! Hooray! icon_biggrin.gif Really, I couldn't have done it without the tips, advice, and general good vibes that waft from CC, so thank you all!
LL

13 replies
nutcase68 Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 14

It looks very nice. You are braver than me. I won't try wedding cakes. I fear bridzilla like the plague.
Mary

seagoat Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 14

Perfect type of cake for your first. It looks great! I like the sides also. Congratulations, now you have the confidence to do worlds more.

Lee9 Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 14

Your cake looks great, much better than mine turned out. I am getting ready to post about my first wedding cake and get some tips for next time.

adunfag Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 14

I like it your cake, you did a wonderful job.

DoniB Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 14

beautiful! It certainly doesn't look like your first one! Congrats, and here's to many more! icon_smile.gif

toodlesjupiter Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 14

So, how is the SPS? Is it very expensive, and where do I find it? I'm getting ready to do my first wedding cake as well, and need all the tips I can get!

Beautiful cake, by the way!!!

leah_s Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #8 of 14

Toodles I think you are confusing SPS with SFS. SPS is cheap! SFS is expensive! SPS is plastic and disposable. SFS is metal and you have to get a deposit and have it returned.

aliciaL_77 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:08pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase68

It looks very nice. You are braver than me. I won't try wedding cakes. I fear bridzilla like the plague.
Mary

ditto

sweetjan Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:15pm
post #10 of 14

Is that really your first one? It's just beautiful.(And leahs...what is SPS??)
Great job, congratulations!! Be sure to post your next one, too~~ thumbs_up.gif

ShopGrl1128 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by authress

Thanks to all of the brilliance tossed about here (esp Leahs and her love of SPS!), I managed to pull off my first official wedding cake! Hooray! icon_biggrin.gif Really, I couldn't have done it without the tips, advice, and general good vibes that waft from CC, so thank you all!

Congratulations!!! that cake is gorgeous!
You should be very proud of yourself.

4Gifts4Lisa Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:31pm
post #12 of 14

Gorgeous cake!

Seriously, Leahs, you give wonderful advice on the SPS system. I have saved a very detailed post you made on the topic, and used it when I did MY first wedding cake last weekend. You get asked so much...is there any way to just make the post into an article? It's a great post.

leah_s Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:46pm
post #13 of 14

I'd love to make the attachment I send out to everyone who asks, into an article, but I have no idea how to do that. I've PM'd Jackie twice but never got a response. If you know how to get it done, please tell!!

Sweetjan, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you the info.

superstar Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:25pm
post #14 of 14

Your cake looks lovely. Well done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%