Pricing Quiery For Sparkley Bear & Present

Decorating By libs Updated 28 May 2008 , 7:32pm by Karema

libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 4

Hi I havn't been on here for a while, and ive just moved over to tx dallas from England, and am trying to start up my own business here, but I have no idea of prices for 3d cakes , Ive seen a price guide for flat sheet cakes but im not sure how much these cakes might cost here in dallas....Please I know its a boring question to answer, but it would really help to know if I should start baking here or not.

I'll be grateful for any feed back that you might be able to give me.

Libby thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

that is a cute cake. Sorry to give bad news, but it is not legal to sell home baked goods in Texas. In some areas, you can build a separate kitchen for baking. You can check with you local health department.

libs Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 4

thanks for the info, thats a real pain!! I had better check that out or there is no point even thinking about it!

Karema Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 4

That cake is really nice. I would charge about $60-75 for it. It is illegal to have a bakery out of you home in NY too but I do it. A lot of people do it, that's how most save up money for a business. If you dont bring too much attention to yourself I dont see why not. When I do my flyers I put a cell phone for the number and I only put Buffalo NY. I dont put my address unless I have a order. Most orders I also try to deliver. When I have a consultation most times I go to their house. It works for me, I've been doing it for 3 years. I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%