Teepee Cake

Decorating By cindyslou Updated 28 May 2008 , 4:08pm by MikeRowesHunny

cindyslou Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cowboy theme cake for a 8 year old boy. How would I go about making the teepee? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

3 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 4

. . . assuming you want the teepee to be the cake (and not just a figure on a cake??) . . . and that you are wanting a 3D effect . . . guess I would try stacking till you get the height you are looking for (and then carving to achieve the angles needed to "work") . . . and then use rice krispy treats to form the point . . . cover in fondant . . . and hand paint your designs or use fondant cut outs to decorate . . . http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IHT/IHT104/tepee_~ih004009.jpg

judylynnturner Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 4

If the teepee is the cake, use the wondermold pan (I think that is the name, it is the one you use to make doll cakes, hills, boobs, beehives) and you can cover in fondant.

If the teepee is decoration, use the long pretzel rods to form a triangle and cover in fondant with the flap open.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 4

Debbie Brown has a cute one in her Easy Party Cakes book. PM me if you'd like me to send the instructions to you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%