First Time Attempting Frozen Bc Transfer - Help!

Decorating By msc2006 Updated 29 May 2008 , 1:05am by msc2006

msc2006 Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #1 of 5

I know this topic has been covered before but I can't seem to find the info - can someone send me a link on how to do one? Also, can anyone tell me how difficult it will be? Thanks!

4 replies
Sweettooth1120 Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:40am
post #2 of 5

There is a step by step under ARTICLES. Here is a link but I am not sure it will work. I have never done one so I cant help otherwise.

mandm78 Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:56am
post #3 of 5

I have done many BC transfers & they are quite easy. Just follow instructions in Article and you will have no problem. When you're done filling in all the colors, pick up transfer and hold up to light. You'll be able to see any spots that are not filled in. I freeze mine sometimes as little as 20 minutes and it releases just fine from waxed paper. I've even made the transfer, froze it for a while, placed it on cake where I want it and placed cake in freezer. Peels right off in about 15 - 20 min.

grams Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 5

Yup. Follow the directions from article posted in the previous reply. Not really hard to do and fun too.

When you take the transfer out of the freezer be ready to put it right on the cake because you only have a short window of time before it starts to soften. If it softens it doesen't come off the wax paper right.

Use thin enough icing so it fills in easier.

I like to put my drawing under a sheet of glass then put the waxed paper on top of the glass then I can fold back the drawing and see if the icing has filled in right or if I need to add or smooth more. I put the glass and all in the freezer.

I'm not expert but I think mine turned out well. (July 4th company logo, and granddaughter jumping horse).

msc2006 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:05am
post #5 of 5

Thank you very much, I'm going to give it a try this week. I'm making a sponebob cake for my daughter's 6th birthday this weekend, wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%