Long Stem Gumpaste Rose?

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 28 May 2008 , 12:46pm by tracycakes

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:27am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a groom's cake for a co-workers son and one of the things that is going to be on it is a long-stemmed pink gumpaste rose. I'm still working on my gumpaste roses, they aren't very good yet but I'm also concerned about laying the rose down and not breaking it. I've got the heavy green wire and thought I would make leaves on stems and attach them to the "stem" wire. I would appreciate any suggestions on construction and how to made the rose strong enough to lie on it's side.

thanks!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:01am
post #2 of 4

Once it is thoroughly dry it will be fine lying on its side.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:48am
post #3 of 4

Your idea of attaching leaves to the stem to place under the rose is a good idea. The weight of the rose might make it cut into the frosting. The leaves will help hold it out of the frosting (even fondant) and give a more completed touch to the rose. It will add length and dimension.

The leaves will also add some "padding" to the rose to prevent breakage. It would probably be best to put the rose on the cake when you get to the site rather than travel with it on the cake.

HTH

Michele

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the help! I've been trying to make my rose petals as thin as possible but I think they should also be a little thicker than what I was making. I was definitely going to keep the rose separate until I got there and just delicately lay it on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%