Is This Even Possible?

Decorating By Sun11598 Updated 28 May 2008 , 1:45am by dezzib27

Sun11598  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sun11598 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a grad cake for my nephew in a week. He is into air rifle and archery, has won many championships and even got to go to olympic training camp last summer.

Anyway - I thought it would be cute to do a target on his cake with an arrow holding the diploma to the bullseye. Is there anyway to tmake the target standing? Even leaned back is ok. They're not having a huge amount of guests - so I think a 6" cake as the target would work well on top of a round or 9x13 cake.

5 replies
 Valli_War  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #2 of 6

I am very new to all this. So, this idea might not work. How about making a giant cookie of 6 " size (Preferably a hard one not chewy) and cover it with fondant and Stick it vertically on the cake?

Lenore  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

My first thoughts. Would it be easier for you to make the target out of a 6 " cake board and cover it with fondant? You could have it angled on top of a larger cake using cookie sticks or straws cut at different heights. Also, If your really want a 6" cake and want it tilted a bit, I would just bake a 6" x 3" and then slice it from left top edge to bottom right edge, then flip it over, to make it tilt. HTH.

susgene  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 6

The cookie is a good idea.... Or rice krispie treats?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

Ooooh, that cookie idea sounds good! thumbs_up.gif

dezzib27  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #6 of 6

theres always good old gumpaste or royal icing too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%