Is This Even Possible?

Decorating By Sun11598 Updated 28 May 2008 , 1:45am by dezzib27

Sun11598 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a grad cake for my nephew in a week. He is into air rifle and archery, has won many championships and even got to go to olympic training camp last summer.

Anyway - I thought it would be cute to do a target on his cake with an arrow holding the diploma to the bullseye. Is there anyway to tmake the target standing? Even leaned back is ok. They're not having a huge amount of guests - so I think a 6" cake as the target would work well on top of a round or 9x13 cake.

5 replies
Valli_War Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #2 of 6

I am very new to all this. So, this idea might not work. How about making a giant cookie of 6 " size (Preferably a hard one not chewy) and cover it with fondant and Stick it vertically on the cake?

Lenore Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

My first thoughts. Would it be easier for you to make the target out of a 6 " cake board and cover it with fondant? You could have it angled on top of a larger cake using cookie sticks or straws cut at different heights. Also, If your really want a 6" cake and want it tilted a bit, I would just bake a 6" x 3" and then slice it from left top edge to bottom right edge, then flip it over, to make it tilt. HTH.

susgene Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 6

The cookie is a good idea.... Or rice krispie treats?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

Ooooh, that cookie idea sounds good! thumbs_up.gif

dezzib27 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #6 of 6

theres always good old gumpaste or royal icing too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%