Edible Image Printer

Decorating By BrandyR Updated 28 May 2008 , 4:47am by diane

BrandyR Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:59am
post #1 of 3

I was wondering what do you use for edible image printers I have been looking at ctp bakery design systems just wondering if anyone is familiar with them or what your suggestions are Thanks

2 replies
fluttercakes Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:31am
post #2 of 3

Well, I have a Canon iP3500 that I bought from Amazon. I use Kopykake's inks, frosting sheets, and ink cartridges...also I use their Desktop Decorator (free download on their website, you just need to use their frosting sheets for printing credits). I just got it a couple of weeks ago, and it is working absolutely beautifully!

I had an Epson Stylus CS8400, but it SUCKED!!! First it took forever to calibrate the dang thing which wasted so much ink, and then it printed ONE, that's right...ONE...image correctly then all hell broke loose! I spent five hours trying to get the dang thing to work after that...more ink wasted, and Epson's Support stinks, btw. I gave up, and went to Amazon to buy a Canon. Haven't had a single problem with it, and it calibrated itself within a minute of putting the ink tanks in! Now that's a good printer!

diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:47am
post #3 of 3

i think this discussion should be an article. so many people have been asking about edible inks, sheets, and printers.

i have two canon ip3000s and they both died on me after the warranty expired. i now have an epson cx3810...love it! i buy my ink and sheets from icingimages, or you can get them from kopykake.

hope this helps! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%