Pressed Sugar... How Do I Paint?

Sugar Work By pinklesley1 Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 12:31am by seasonsmoke

pinklesley1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

I took a class at one of my local cake supply places on pressed sugar... but she painted all of our stuff with an airbrush... which doesnt give it the details that i want...
how can i paint the pressed sugar ... can i paint it with a brush and gel food coloring?

i want to know bc i am signed up for the next TD and i want to add some of the pressed sugar stuff that i made, but want to paint some details on them...

help .... please and thank u

4 replies
Marci Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 5

I am not sure. But, I would make some pieces and let them dry over night and then try it out. I would make sure my color wasn't too wet (usually you mix the gel color with a bit of water or vodka).

Sorry... haven't tried it yet.
Marci

waywordz Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:46am
post #3 of 5

I've done sugar molding and added details using RI after they are dried. I've tinted my water before I molded the items. Do you add meringue powder to your dry sugar before you mold? Supposed to add strength. HTH

waywordz Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 4:51am
post #4 of 5

Sorry, forgot. If you really want to paint I'd try using (thick) gel color on a pallet with a brush. No liquid. And you won't contaminate your gel color by dipping in it and sugar.

seasonsmoke Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #5 of 5

I also would like to know how to get more detail on the pressed sugar. Were you able to try the ideas and did they work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%