One Day Every Few Months

Decorating By CNCS Updated 29 May 2008 , 8:27am by waywordz

CNCS Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 11

usually a Sat I go into my shop close up for the day and practice on a new method.

I'm planning in the next day or so to take my day during the week since school is out and we have a family reunion, and practice on making roses on a stick.

Practice covering Hostess King dongs aka ding dongs with fondant and drag out my airbrush machine.

I really need to practice my reverse shells they look so puny. icon_cry.gif

What else should I practice on?

10 replies
wrightway777 Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 11

fondant flowers. I recently bought a rose press on Global Sugar arts that results in very pretty roses - fun to use IMHO

Have you tried making your own fondant (regular and MMF)?

mommyle Posted 27 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 11

Hahahaha!!! At first I thought, "wow, I have a few days EVERY month, boy is she lucky!!!" Now I see... Thanks for making me smile! Sorry I'm no help!!!

diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:01am
post #4 of 11

Have you tried making your own fondant (regular and MMF)?[/quote]

i would recommend that too...and roses. icon_wink.gif

waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:29am
post #5 of 11

I saw this on another forum you may have already seen it / done it. I practiced it for the first time on my sisters bd cake this past week-end and she loved it. It's the scroll by Peggy Addo. On you tube. It is spell scorlls on the caption just in case this link thing doesn't work.There was another site that had them done stacked triple with the top one in a color, the other two were done in white icing. I'll have to hunt that one down if you want it. I won't mind. They were truly beautiful done with three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4LtQYgX-s&feature=related

mjballinger Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:25am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCS

and practice on making roses on a stick.

Practice covering Hostess King dongs aka ding dongs with fondant and drag out my airbrush machine.

I




I love making roses on a stick. Have you seen the YouTube video on that?
I never thought of practicing small cake fondant with Hostess ding dongs. Thanks for the idea! So much easier that baking a bunch of small cakes. I have a heck of a time doing fondant on the small ones.
Have fun practicing though!!

waywordz Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:59am
post #7 of 11

mjballinger; could you put the link on here for the you tube roses on a stick? I'd like to check it out.

cupcakemkr Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywordz

mjballinger; could you put the link on here for the you tube roses on a stick? I'd like to check it out.




not to but in but here is the link, she's pretty good at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1x2pkILr_g&feature=related

diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:26pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywordz

I saw this on another forum you may have already seen it / done it. I practiced it for the first time on my sisters bd cake this past week-end and she loved it. It's the scroll by Peggy Addo. On you tube. It is spell scorlls on the caption just in case this link thing doesn't work.There was another site that had them done stacked triple with the top one in a color, the other two were done in white icing. I'll have to hunt that one down if you want it. I won't mind. They were truly beautiful done with three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-4LtQYgX-s&feature=related




i have watched that video many times...i love that design! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

waywordz Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:18am
post #10 of 11

Thanks! cupcakemkr! I went and watched her make roses on a stick. OMG! I couldn't believe how fast she did that! It reminded me of Francis Kruyper saying she did 100 cakes in a day one time!! WOW! HAve any of you heard of her? She started a cake museum in CA. I think. I gotta go see that one day! I'm watching several of these threads and last night I thought I was going to wake up DH laughing about a hypoglycemic dog!!! I almost hurt myself.

waywordz Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:27am
post #11 of 11

Oh. I forgot this is that site for the tripled swirls scrolls. You probably have already seen it, but, just in case ...are we allowed to put up links to other sites like this?

http://www.londoncake.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%