Icing Crisis!!

Decorating By Sold_out_for_God Updated 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm by littlecake

Sold_out_for_God Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 7

Sometimes my icing comes out 2 stiff or 2 soft, & wen i icing my cakes they r a bit crooked icon_cry.gif. How do i make d perfect rose? d ones i made has cracked edges!!icon_redface.gif! Please help me how can i fix these problem!! Thanx 4 ur help it means much

6 replies
superstar Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

I can't help you with the roses as I don't make BC roses, if your icing is too soft add some more Pwd. Sugar & if it is too stiff add a little more liquid. Make sure you add a small amount at a time until you get the right consistance. Make sure your cakes are level before starting to fill & frost & make sure the cake is level after you have filled it, before frosting. Place a spirit level on the cake.

sari66 Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #3 of 7

If your bc roses are cracked on the edges it's due to dry bc or stiff bc
Make sure that your cakes are level before during and after torting and filling and you can make corrections before you ice it.

diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:51am
post #4 of 7

what do you mean by crooked??
if you're talking about your borders...i suggest not trying to follow the edge of the cake, but just focus on keeping a straight line.
also...bc roses take many hours of practice. practice even when you don't have a cake to do. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Sold_out_for_God Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, 4 ur help, i really appreciate it!!! Jus started out but i want 2 learn as much as i can!! there is an awesome feeling wen baking & decorating and how beautiful the end product can be!! Thanx again!!

diane Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 7

glad to have helped. icon_wink.gif

littlecake Posted 28 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7

are you using a 104 rose tip?...sometimes the thin end is too squeesed up to small....stick a knife or something in there and open it up...plus your icing might be too stiff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%