Italian Tea Cookie Frosting

Baking By frosty1596 Updated 29 May 2008 , 2:13pm by frosty1596

frosty1596 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosty1596 Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 6

Help! I've looked up frosting for those yummy italian tea cookies (the frosting is usually chocolate, pink, green or yellow). Do you know the ones? Anyway, I did find a recipe but I need it to be more stiff (not quite as stiff as royal), but stiff enough to hold a flower shape. I'm still pretty knew to these forums so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong one. Please help!!!

5 replies
frosty1596 Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 6

Me again - I'm wondering if I can tackle this a different way. How about if I use royal but don't mix as long? I mix for 7 or so minutes. Would that make my frosting still stiff but not "break your teeth hard?" (just kidding - it's not that hard)!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 6

You're in the right forum, but I know I can't help you by the description you gave.

Do you have a picture we could look at?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

frosty1596 Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you theresa for replying. The only picture I can give you is from the one Italian bakery that has these cookies. But it's not a good picture at all. I think it's on the first (home) page www.savoiapastry.com. The pink, yellow and green cookies on top of the cookie tray are the ones I'm talking about. I just love that frosting!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 May 2008 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 6

I have never seen cookies with so much icing in an Italian bakery before, and I've been to most of the better-known ones in Manhattan.

To me, that looks like a crusting buttercream, or an air-dried buttercream.

If I come across them in my travels, I will be sure to check them out, and get back to you.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

frosty1596 Posted 29 May 2008 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Theresa, I appreciate it! Does anyone else have any advise?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%